Former NFL player visits LHS as part of the FCA

Nicolas Malm, Reporter

On Thursday November 2, LHS’s club the Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) hosted former NFL running back William Green.

William Green played football for Boston College, before moving on to be a first round draft pick for the Cleveland Browns as a running back.

Green was on hand to share his personal experience overcoming adversity through his faith and the meeting was open to any interested students.

Having lost both of his parents by the time he was 13 years old, and having his older brother imprisoned for murder, Green found comfort in football to cope.

Green shared that at Boston College he fell into drug and alcohol abuse and wasn’t acting himself. After reaching an all-time low, he said he found himself in God.

“When you know who you are, you know who you are not.”

This one simple phrase Green preaches to young student athletes to get them to find their inner selves.

Green works with the FCA by visiting public facilities, colleges, and even to some prisons where he shares his faith.He encourages moving forward and finding who you are.

The FCA is an international Christian sports ministry that reaches out to many schools nation-wide and has been backed by many well-known athletes.

Leominster’s Fellowship for Christian meet every Thursday from 2:30 to 3:30 after school in Coach David Palazzi’s room. All are welcome.

Former NFL running back William Green(second from the left) stands with LHS FCA members (In order from left) Junior Dan Garcia, Junior Damian Regalado, and Junior Lucrecia Acosta.