A Final Thought from the Class President

Nicolas Malm, Reporter

LHS Class President of the 2018 graduates, Elyjah Collins closed in on this year and his hopes and thoughts of the class as a whole with graduation being right around the corner.

Elyjah has been the 2018’s Class President since his sophomore year. He will be attending the University of Massachusetts – Amherst this upcoming fall, but upon looking back, with three years leading this class and coordinating all its functions and activities, Elyjah said he really has learned a lot from the experience.

He said he has learned that situations will not always be easy, but to move on you must find the good that is hidden in those difficult times and be grateful for every experience life throws at you.

“I have learned to find gratitude not just on the good days, but on the hard ones, when you need it most,” said Elyjah.

For having coordinated such a large class of about five hundred students, which aside from his school work, job, and involvement as a track team captain, it seems like it would be a great amount to handle.

Elyjah said he has learned that at the end of the day, life goes on, so make the most of everything.

“No matter how many obstacles we may face as young adults, life will always go on”.

Having reflected back on this year and this class, Elyjah is hopeful for the outcomes of this class and encourages all graduates to go out into the real world and chase their dreams and accomplish their goals.

“I encourage you (class of 2018) to wake up and accomplish all of your wildest dreams, no matter how big or small.”

He also encouraged the graduating students to “take advantage of all the ambitious things that life has to offer” for he has high hopes in all of them and is very proud to have been the Class President for 2018.

With a little over a week away from graduation, all Elyjah had left to say was “We did it.”