Gronk Retiring Leaves LHS Fans Wondering About the Dynasty

Dylan Sousa, Reporter

As the Patriots prepare for the draft, there is one big whole they will need to fill following the retirement of Patriots’ tight-end Rob Gronkowski. Gronkowski announced his retirement from football on Instagram on March 24.

“Gronk” as he’s known to fans,  was a fan favorite. He ended his career regarded as one of the top tight-ends of all time. He was a 5 time Pro-Bowler. He finished his career with 521 catches, 7,861 receiving yards, and 79 touchdowns and 3 Super Bowl rings. His departure leaves the Pats very thin at the tight-end position.

Like all New England fans, LHS students have expressed their concern for the Patriots after the news of Gronk’s retirement.

LHS senior Zachary Mayer was “deeply saddened” by the news but said he is “happy for Gronk, cuz now he can stop getting injured.”

LHS senior Nicholas Maffeo said he was “mildly upset” when he heard the news that Gronk retired, but says he’s “not worried” about the Patriots this upcoming season.

LHS senior Dominic Allain believes the Patriots will be “terrible” without Gronk.

Most New England fans will think saying the Pats will be terrible next year is hyperbole. However there is a slight chance that it could be reality.

Without Gronk, the Patriots seem to lack offensive weapons. But under Coach Bill Belichick, you never know what to expect. How will the defending Super Bowl Champs do this season? We’ll have to wait and see.