Soccer Team Reflects on Central Mass Championship Season

The+Leominster+Boys+Soccer+Team+celebrates+on+the+field+after+winning+the+Division+1+Cedntral+Mass+District++Game+at+Doyle+Field+

Photo Courtesy Ashley Arpano

The Leominster Boys Soccer Team celebrates on the field after winning the Division 1 Cedntral Mass District Game at Doyle Field

Trevor Baj, Reporter

For the LHS Varsity Boys’ soccer team, the loss to Longmeadow in the state semifinals will not define their year.  They know the season was filled with more ups than downs.

The team finished with a final record of 15-5-1, and for the first time in 7 years, the Blue Devils were named the victor at the MIAA Central Mass District Finals. 

The teams’ relationship has become strong after more talent has been introduced to the team.

“This has been the best season of my life,” said LHS Senior Defense-man Leo Budzinski. “Not only because we won [district finals] but because we really became a family,” he added.

When LHS Senior, Team Captain Yago Miller was asked to compare his Freshman season to his Senior season, he said “My Freshman year we only won three games and it felt like we just got together to have fun. While Senior year we won a district title and it felt like everyone would die for each other when we stepped on the field.”

Miller’s younger brother Alex is a sophomore and is playing Varsity soccer for his second year, staying on track with the family name. 

Although the team displayed their excellence with a 10 game winning streak leading up to the district championship victory, the season came to an end after a 4-0 loss during the state semifinals against Longmeadow.