Wooden Gym Gets a Makeover

Mallory Dupuis, Reporter

It is no secret that the wooden gym here at LHS has been under some serious construction since the beginning of the school year. At some points, students couldn’t even walk through the gym, never mind utilize it, or hold class there. However, physical education teacher Lee Beaulac has confirmed that the major upgrades are now complete.

Just in time for basketball season, one of the first new additions to the gym were brand new basketball hoops.

But the biggest upgrade is to the gym floors. Right when you walk in, it is hard to miss. The wood floor is light colored, shiny, and there is a new logo on the court with accents of bright royal blue to represent Blue Devil Nation.

All the hard work, time, and construction it took was definitely worth the final result.

One of the new additions to the gym was thanks to our very own students here at LHS. The two doors to enter the wooden gym are now royal blue, and both have our mascot, the Blue Devil on them.

Fun fact- they are actually giant stickers. This was done by our students and staff in CTEI, who are part of the graphics program. They designed and created the stickers themselves.

On December 2, 2021, the upgrades in our gym finished up. New padding is also installed on the walls behind the basketball hoops.

Don’t worry, the rubber gym has not been forgotten about. Beaulac said that they will be installing new batting cages in there that drop down from the ceiling.

Mallory Dupuis

The Blue Devil logo on the gym doors was created by the students in CTEi’s Graphic Communications Department (Mallory Dupuis)