The Student News Site of Leominster High School

The Devil's Advocate

The Devil's Advocate

The Devil's Advocate

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Your Blue Devils Game Day Cheerleaders Win the State Championship

The Game Day Cheerleaders. Photo courtesy of Cheer Coach Tracey Hartman

The Leominster High School Game Day Cheerleaders took a massive win at their State Championships, placing first in their division as well as first in the entire competition.

Leominster’s Game Day cheerleading team is composed of 18 Leominster High School students, 2 of which are seniors. 

Competing in their division were 9 other teams, leading to a total of 10 teams overall, where they took home a total score of 94.5/100.

This big win granted them the titles “State Champions”, since they took first place in their division, as well as “Grand Champions”, since they got the highest score in the competition. 

Game Day cheer coach Nicole Harris said, “We got the highest score out of all the teams in the competition, it’s called a Grand Champion.”

This big win has also qualified them to Nationals for the first time in years, which is being held all the way down in Florida.

Nicole Harris said, “We would love to go;, we haven’t been since before Covid.”

There is a lot of hope of attending Nationals, as well as bringing home another title back to Leominster High School. 

Nicole Harris said, “Game day was created 5 or so years ago, kind of recently, and was meant to honor the idea of cheer as it was created; leading the crowd and connecting with the crowd. It’s all about showmanship.”

Game Day may be more of a recent addition to Leominster High School, but that has only made them stronger as a team.